Sushil Modi questions Nitish forgetting courtesy to NaMo
Patna: With ruling JD(U) defending Chief Minister Nitish Kumar warm meeting with BJP veteran LK Advani as part of "sanskar" (social tradition), former Deputy Chief Minister Sushil Kumar Modi Tuesday questioned lack of this for Narendra Modi.
"Nitish Kumar can shake hand with Nawaz Sharif (Pakistan Prime Minister) but refused to wish NaMo on his birthday or greet him on his 3rd victory," Sushil Modi said on Twitter.
"Is this kind of untouchability good for Indian politics? What kind of inclusive politics is this? What mentality is this?" he asked.
Mentioning an earlier unpleasant episode, the senior Bihar BJP leader said, "N Kumar was very angry when a photo published in a paper showed NaMo & him raising hand together. Why N Kumar was angry?"
The Bihar CM`s exchange of warmth with Advani at National Integration Council meeting in Delhi yesterday, the first after JD (U) broke up with BJP ending 17 years of association on June 16 last, had kicked up political storm in the state.
While, Lalu Prasad`s RJD described the parting ways of the JD(U) and BJP as "match-fixing" to split secular votes, LJP President Ramvilas Paswan said it was "tacit understanding" between the two parties.
But, Sushil Modi had sought to downplay warm exchange of greetings between Advani and Nitish Kumar describing it as standard practice under political protocol.
However, he did not forget to nudge the latter for expressing cold vibes towards the Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi earlier.
Kumar`s party JD(U) had defended its leader saying it was part of "sanskar" (tradition) and no political meaning should be derived from it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!