Sushil Modi slams detention of Anna Hazare
Patna: Slamming the Centre for detaining
Anna Hazare and his aides, Bihar Deputy Chief Minister S K
Modi on Tuesday called upon the people to come to the streets to
hold demonstration in support of Anna`s movement against
corruption "peacefully and democratically."
"I urge the people to take to the streets and support
Anna`s movement democratically and peacefully," Modi said
while reacting to the police action against Anna and others.
Stating that the detention of Anna reminded the people of
the emergency, he said the detention was "more or less similar
to arrest of late Jayaprakash Narayan against corruption on
June 26, 1974."
Describing as "ridiculous" the Congress leaders` charge
of corruption against Hazare, Modi said the Congress and the
government would have to face the consequences of it.
"The Congress has stooped to such a low is evident to
the allegation," he said.
"Jan Lokpal expresses the wishes of common people and
therefore, the parliament and parliamentarians should respect
people`s desire," Modi said.
Speaking against giving a political hue to the
movement launched by Hazare, he said the movement was "above
party consideration and for common people."
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living