Sushil Modi slams detention of Anna Hazare
Patna: Slamming the Centre for detaining
Anna Hazare and his aides, Bihar Deputy Chief Minister S K
Modi on Tuesday called upon the people to come to the streets to
hold demonstration in support of Anna`s movement against
corruption "peacefully and democratically."
"I urge the people to take to the streets and support
Anna`s movement democratically and peacefully," Modi said
while reacting to the police action against Anna and others.
Stating that the detention of Anna reminded the people of
the emergency, he said the detention was "more or less similar
to arrest of late Jayaprakash Narayan against corruption on
June 26, 1974."
Describing as "ridiculous" the Congress leaders` charge
of corruption against Hazare, Modi said the Congress and the
government would have to face the consequences of it.
"The Congress has stooped to such a low is evident to
the allegation," he said.
"Jan Lokpal expresses the wishes of common people and
therefore, the parliament and parliamentarians should respect
people`s desire," Modi said.
Speaking against giving a political hue to the
movement launched by Hazare, he said the movement was "above
party consideration and for common people."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?