Sushil plays up divergent views of Manjhi, Nitish
Patna: Aiming to create a fissure in the JD(U), senior BJP leader Sushil Kumar Modi on Tuesday asked the ruling party to explain as to who between Chief Minister Jitan Ram Manjhi and his predecessor Nitish Kumar represented the party`s stand about its split with the NDA last year.
Manjhi has claimed in an interview that the JD(U) broke away from NDA after BJP included controversial issues, like Article 370 and Uniform Civil Code among others in its agenda even as his predecessor had said the reason for the split was anointment of a controversial person, namely Narendra Modi, as the BJP`s face for 2014 general elections, he told reporters.
"Who between Manjhi and Kumar represents official line of the JD(U) on reasons behind its split from the NDA?" he asked and urged the ruling party to explain its stand amid differences of opinion between the "constitutional" Chief Minister (Manjhi) and the "actual" chief minister (Kumar).
The former deputy chief minister, at the same time, slammed Manjhi for harping on the BJP`s contentious agendas to justify his party`s split from the NDA and said that those issues had remained integral to the BJP`s agendas all these years when Nitish Kumar was part of the BJP-led alliance at the Centre and in Bihar.
Sushil Modi also sought to play up Manjhi`s claim that Kumar may not be an automatic choice as the chief minister if JD(U) returned to power in the Assembly polls and this point was incorporated in a resolution by the JD(U) to placate angry voices within the party after Kumar quit chief minister`s post last month and asked the JD(U) to make public its stand on chief ministerial choice after the Assembly polls.
On the ongoing election process for three Rajya Sabha seats in Bihar in which three independent candidates, including Dilip Jaiswal (BJP) has entered the fray, he said that his party was gathering facts of the matter and would decide on its course of action post withdrawal of nominations on June 12.
Sushil Modi also took potshots at RJD supremo Lalu Prasad for changing his stand frequently on his party`s role for the by-poll for the three Rajya Sabha seats separately on June 19.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Pakistan break Team India's long-standing ODI record at home soil
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Islamic State attracts young recruits with free honeymoon, stipend for family
- MSBSHSE Class XII HSC results 2015: Maharashtra Class 12th Board results declared on mahresult.nic.in
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi