Sushil questions Nitish on Cong support
Patna: BJP leader Sushil Kumar Modi has charged Bihar Chief Minister with "duplicity" for slamming Congress for being responsible for 1984 anti-Sikh riots and 1989 Bhagalpur riots and yet taking its support for the survival of his government.
"It is ridiculous that the Chief Minister has gone hammers and tongs against the Congress for being responsible for the Sikh riots and Bhagalpur riots even as his minority government depends on the four MLAs of that party for survival," Modi said in a statement.
"Is the Chief Minister`s criticism of Congress for real or is he taking the people of Bihar for a ride?"
Kumar, he said, had been desperate to cobble up a pre-poll alliance with Congress for which he had send out signals to that party and thanked Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on a number of occasions.
He had even dropped visiting Union Finance Minister P Chidambaram at the gates of Sadaqat Asharam, the Congress headquarters in Patna, Modi said.
Claiming that Congress and JD(U) were friends despite the Chief Minister`s diatribes, Modi asked Kumar to explain whether or not he would jump onto the Congress bandwagon after the general elections to strengthen the hands of that party`s "undeclared prime ministerial hopeful" Rahul Gandhi.
It was Congress which rejected JD(U)`s offer for an alliance, but going by Kumar`s pursuance of "convenient politics", he would not hesitate in joining Congress after the general elections, if it helped him politically, Modi said.
Criticising the Chief Minister for holding BJP accountable for the 2002 riots in Gujarat, he said Kumar had never found any fault either with the Gujarat Chief Minister or BJP during his long 17 years of association with the party and even kept mum on the riots for 12 years.
Kumar had lavished fulsome praise on Modi at a function in Bhuj in 2003 and even asked every body to move on with life after the riots, he said.
Modi questioned Kumar`s tirade against Modi after the special investigation team (SIT) constituted by Supreme Court gave a clean chit to him in connection with the 2002 riots.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview