Sushma`s endorsement of Modi broad view of BJP: CP Thakur
Patna: Bihar BJP chief CP Thakur Sunday claimed that Sushma Swaraj`s endorsement of Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi as BJP`s prime ministerial candidate was the "broad view" of the entire party leadership.
"Sushmaji`s endorsement of Modi as BJP`s prime ministerial candidate in the next general elections represents the broad view of the party leadership and not her personal opinion," Thakur said.
"Not only Sushmaji, but the Leader of Opposition in Rajya Sabha Arun Jaitley and other senior leaders have echoed similar sentiments in favour of Modi," Thakur claimed adding that the final decision would be taken at an appropriate forum of the party in due course of time.
Asked to point out the most important factor of Modi, he said, "Time produces people and leaders and the same is working in favour of Modi, both in the country and inside the BJP....It is the right time for him to be projected as the party`s prime ministerial candidate," he said.
"Tomorrow, time may be different and may not be suitable for Modi," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read