Suspected ISI agent held in Bihar`s Raxaul town
Motihari (Bihar): A suspected ISI agent was arrested near Raxaul town in East Champaran district in connection with a case of smuggling fake Indian currency, an official said on Sunday.
Acting on a tip off, teams of the Directorate of Revenue Intelligence (DRI) from Patna and Muzaffarpur arrested Md Jameel alias Bhura (27) two days ago, DRI Deputy Director Vidyut Vikas told.
A native of Purana Bazar locality of Uttar Pradesh`s Hapur district, Jameel was wanted in connection with the recovery of fake notes with a face value of about Rs 30 lakh brought to New Delhi by a courier from Shenzhen town of China on June 23 last, he said.
The accused was working for Pakistan-based ISI operative Iqbal Sana alias Hafiz and circulating fake currency notes in Uttar Pradesh and Delhi at the latter`s behest, Vikas said, adding that Jameel had gone underground and taken shelter in Nepal after recovery of fake currency notes.
The ISI agent was produced yesterday before the Sub-Divisional Judicial Magistrate Mahesh Prasad Singh who sent the accused to judicial custody for seven days.
Jameel would be taken to Delhi soon for questioning, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- Two ISIS operatives, planning to target religious places, arrested by Gujarat ATS