Suspected Maoist arrested in Jamui
Jamui: The Bihar Police on Sunday arrested a suspected Maoist from Bardiha forest area of Jamui district in a joint operation with CRPF`s Combat Battalion for Resolute Action (COBRA) unit.
Jamui Superintendent of Police (SP) Upendra Kumar Singh said a .315 bore rifle, six bullets, one transmitter, three umbrellas and a bag full of things of daily use have been seized from the arrested person.
"We are yet to ascertain his identity as he is continuously changing his name. We suspect him to be a hardcore naxal. We have called the mukhiyas and sarpanchs from the adjoining areas to come and help in identifying him," the SP said.
The Jamui SP said one more youth was nabbed with the arrested person, but was let off after his identity was established and he was found to be a native of a neighbouring village. He was found to be innocent with no criminal records against him.
The Bihar Police and paramilitary forces are holding continuous combing operations in the hilly and forested region of Jamui district after a CRPF Commandant, HK Jha, was killed by Maoists in a gunbattle on July 4.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!