Suspected Maoist arrested in Jamui
Jamui: The Bihar Police on Sunday arrested a suspected Maoist from Bardiha forest area of Jamui district in a joint operation with CRPF`s Combat Battalion for Resolute Action (COBRA) unit.
Jamui Superintendent of Police (SP) Upendra Kumar Singh said a .315 bore rifle, six bullets, one transmitter, three umbrellas and a bag full of things of daily use have been seized from the arrested person.
"We are yet to ascertain his identity as he is continuously changing his name. We suspect him to be a hardcore naxal. We have called the mukhiyas and sarpanchs from the adjoining areas to come and help in identifying him," the SP said.
The Jamui SP said one more youth was nabbed with the arrested person, but was let off after his identity was established and he was found to be a native of a neighbouring village. He was found to be innocent with no criminal records against him.
The Bihar Police and paramilitary forces are holding continuous combing operations in the hilly and forested region of Jamui district after a CRPF Commandant, HK Jha, was killed by Maoists in a gunbattle on July 4.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan