Suspected to be thief, youth lynched in Bihar
Hajipur: An angry mob beat a youth to death at a village in Vaishali district early Friday suspecting him of being a thief.
The unidentified youth, in his 20s, was caught by some villagers when he was wandering in the village. Suspecting him a thief, the villagers mercilessly thrashed the youth and he fell unconscious, police said.
The injured youth was rushed to Mahua sub-division hospital where he succumbed to his injuries.
An FIR has been lodged against the villagers, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- Three federal police officials killed in Mexico
- Eight killed, seven injured after jeep falls into deep gorge in Uttarakhand's Tehri Garhwal
- Masked men raise Pakistan, ISIS flags in Kashmir; stones pelted at policemen
- West Virginia floods: 20 dead, several stranded - Damage is widespread and devastating
- US Senator praises NSG after India failed to get membership