Suspected to be thief, youth lynched in Bihar
Hajipur: An angry mob beat a youth to death at a village in Vaishali district early Friday suspecting him of being a thief.
The unidentified youth, in his 20s, was caught by some villagers when he was wandering in the village. Suspecting him a thief, the villagers mercilessly thrashed the youth and he fell unconscious, police said.
The injured youth was rushed to Mahua sub-division hospital where he succumbed to his injuries.
An FIR has been lodged against the villagers, police said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Pakistan's ISI spy ring busted in India, BSF jawan among 2 held in Jammu, 3 agents apprehended in Kolkata