Suspended DIG lodges complaint against police chief in Bihar
Chapra: DIG Alok Kumar, suspended on the charge of making extortion demand of Rs 10 crore from a liquor trader, has a filed complaint against state police chief and two other seniors alleging harassment, police sources said here on Monday.
Kumar lodged the complaint against Director General of Police Abhayanad, Inspector General of Police (Operation) Amit Kumar and IG (Economic Offence Wing) Praveen Vashist with SC&ST police station Bhagwanpur in Saran district last night.
A counter FIR was registered against the suspended DIG in the same police station today on the basis of statement of Assistant Sub Inspector Chandramauli Prasad that the DIG had prevented him from discharging his duties, Superintendent of Police Sujit Kumar said.
The SP said the DIG was given acknowledgement of his complaint by the ASI who said the station house officer would work on it like lodging FIR against the DGP and others. But, the DIG forced him to write his complaint in the FIR register.
The SP said on getting the information, he went to the police station but by that time the DIG had gone and the SHO was not present on duty.
Absentee SHO Vinod Kumar was put under suspension and Sanjay Tiwari was made the new SHO, the SP said, adding preliminary investigation was on.
Alok Kumar, an IPS officer of Jammu and Kashmir cadre, was suspended for allegedly demanding Rs 10 crore from a liquor trader Tunnaji Pandey recently when he was DIG Saran.
The Patna High Court has stayed his arrest in the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Ryan child death: Sexual assault allegations should be probed, says Manish Sisodia
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India
- 'Bajirao Mastani' still galloping at box office, mints Rs 350 cr!
- 5 homemade fruit packs that’ll make you glow instantly