Suspended DIG lodges complaint against police chief in Bihar
Chapra: DIG Alok Kumar, suspended on the charge of making extortion demand of Rs 10 crore from a liquor trader, has a filed complaint against state police chief and two other seniors alleging harassment, police sources said here on Monday.
Kumar lodged the complaint against Director General of Police Abhayanad, Inspector General of Police (Operation) Amit Kumar and IG (Economic Offence Wing) Praveen Vashist with SC&ST police station Bhagwanpur in Saran district last night.
A counter FIR was registered against the suspended DIG in the same police station today on the basis of statement of Assistant Sub Inspector Chandramauli Prasad that the DIG had prevented him from discharging his duties, Superintendent of Police Sujit Kumar said.
The SP said the DIG was given acknowledgement of his complaint by the ASI who said the station house officer would work on it like lodging FIR against the DGP and others. But, the DIG forced him to write his complaint in the FIR register.
The SP said on getting the information, he went to the police station but by that time the DIG had gone and the SHO was not present on duty.
Absentee SHO Vinod Kumar was put under suspension and Sanjay Tiwari was made the new SHO, the SP said, adding preliminary investigation was on.
Alok Kumar, an IPS officer of Jammu and Kashmir cadre, was suspended for allegedly demanding Rs 10 crore from a liquor trader Tunnaji Pandey recently when he was DIG Saran.
The Patna High Court has stayed his arrest in the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- See what can Maggi do to your health!
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- CBSE Board 10th Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & Cbseresults.nic class 10th X board exam results 2015 date announced
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings