Suspended DIG lodges complaint against police chief in Bihar
Chapra: DIG Alok Kumar, suspended on the charge of making extortion demand of Rs 10 crore from a liquor trader, has a filed complaint against state police chief and two other seniors alleging harassment, police sources said here on Monday.
Kumar lodged the complaint against Director General of Police Abhayanad, Inspector General of Police (Operation) Amit Kumar and IG (Economic Offence Wing) Praveen Vashist with SC&ST police station Bhagwanpur in Saran district last night.
A counter FIR was registered against the suspended DIG in the same police station today on the basis of statement of Assistant Sub Inspector Chandramauli Prasad that the DIG had prevented him from discharging his duties, Superintendent of Police Sujit Kumar said.
The SP said the DIG was given acknowledgement of his complaint by the ASI who said the station house officer would work on it like lodging FIR against the DGP and others. But, the DIG forced him to write his complaint in the FIR register.
The SP said on getting the information, he went to the police station but by that time the DIG had gone and the SHO was not present on duty.
Absentee SHO Vinod Kumar was put under suspension and Sanjay Tiwari was made the new SHO, the SP said, adding preliminary investigation was on.
Alok Kumar, an IPS officer of Jammu and Kashmir cadre, was suspended for allegedly demanding Rs 10 crore from a liquor trader Tunnaji Pandey recently when he was DIG Saran.
The Patna High Court has stayed his arrest in the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read