Suspended DIG lodges complaint against police chief in Bihar
Chapra: DIG Alok Kumar, suspended on the charge of making extortion demand of Rs 10 crore from a liquor trader, has a filed complaint against state police chief and two other seniors alleging harassment, police sources said here on Monday.
Kumar lodged the complaint against Director General of Police Abhayanad, Inspector General of Police (Operation) Amit Kumar and IG (Economic Offence Wing) Praveen Vashist with SC&ST police station Bhagwanpur in Saran district last night.
A counter FIR was registered against the suspended DIG in the same police station today on the basis of statement of Assistant Sub Inspector Chandramauli Prasad that the DIG had prevented him from discharging his duties, Superintendent of Police Sujit Kumar said.
The SP said the DIG was given acknowledgement of his complaint by the ASI who said the station house officer would work on it like lodging FIR against the DGP and others. But, the DIG forced him to write his complaint in the FIR register.
The SP said on getting the information, he went to the police station but by that time the DIG had gone and the SHO was not present on duty.
Absentee SHO Vinod Kumar was put under suspension and Sanjay Tiwari was made the new SHO, the SP said, adding preliminary investigation was on.
Alok Kumar, an IPS officer of Jammu and Kashmir cadre, was suspended for allegedly demanding Rs 10 crore from a liquor trader Tunnaji Pandey recently when he was DIG Saran.
The Patna High Court has stayed his arrest in the case.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!