Suspended DIG`s residence searched in Patna
Patna: Residences of Deputy Inspector General of police Alok Kumar, who was suspended on the charge of demanding Rs 10 crore in extortion from a liquor trader was searched by a team of the Economic Offence wing of the Bihar police on Wednesday.
Giving details about the searches in the Assembly, Chief Minister Nitish Kumar said that documents relating to purchase of land were found at two places belonging to Kumar.
The residence of an aide of the police officer was also searched, he said.
Alok Kumar, from the Jammu and Kashmir IPS cadre, had earlier served as Senior Superintendent of Police of Patna.
He was removed from Saran and posted at the headquarters here before being put under suspension on February 5.
The charge against Kumar and others were established during a preliminary probe by putting surveillance on mobile phones of the accused persons, including Kumar.
Police later arrested three aides of Kumar and recovered Rs 5 lakh cash and documents from their residences in Patna and other locations.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview