Suspended IAS officer surrenders before a court
Patna: Suspended IAS officer K Senthil Kumar on Monday surrendered before a vigilance court here in connection with a case of embezzlement of Rs 7.46 crore during his tenure as the Patna Municipal Commissioner three years ago.
Kumar surrendered before the special judge (vigilance) Omprakash Singh and furnished two sureties for Rs 10,000 each and affidavit that he will appear before the court for hearing of the case.
The suspended IAS officer was earlier granted bail by the Patna high court on August seven last, but he was directed to surrender before the vigilance court and furnish sureties before the latter, besides affidavit for making personal appearance during the trial of the case.
The former Patna Municipal Commissioner was charged with embezzlement of Rs 7.46 crores in collusion with the builders and land mafias and officials of the Patna Municipal Corporation (PMC) between February 2009 to February 2010 by approving wrong building maps.
The vigilance had filed a chargesheet against Kumar and the then Additional Municipal Commissioner Vaidyanath Das and then Executive Engineer Brahmadev Dube.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH
- I may not be with CM Akhilesh Yadav, but will always be with Mulayam Singh Yadav's son: Amar Singh