Suspended JD (U) MP denies train delaying charge
Patna: Suspended JD(U) Lok Sabha member
Manganilal Mandal Thursday denied the allegations that his bodyguards and supporters were involved in forcibly delaying the departure of Rajendra Nagar-New Delhi Rajdhani Express at Patna junction on Tuesday evening.
"Neither my bodyguards nor supporters ever tried to
delay departure of a train. The allegations are baseless and
concocted," Mandal said.
He claimed that his bodyguards were with him when he
was caught in a traffic jam because of Ramnavmi procession on
way to Patna juntion which led to missing the train.
Superintendent of Railway police S P Choudhary said,
"An FIR has been lodged under section 341, 506 of the IPC and
sections 46 and 174 of the railway act against the bodyguards
and unidentified persons following the complaints filed by
Patna junction manager yesterday."
Asked whether the role of JD(U) MP will also be
investigated in the case, Choudhary said, "Everything would be
the part of investigation."
Though the train was scheduled to leave for New Delhi
from Patna junction at 1925 hrs last evening, an unidentified
bodyguard of Mandal asked the guard not to allow the train to
depart as the MP was yet to board the train, government police
station additional in-charge L P Choudhary had said yesterday.
In the process the train got delayed by nine minutes,
Choudhary had said. He has also said yesterday that An FIR was
lodged against Mandal following complaint filed by Station
Manager Patna junction Ram Kumar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Arvind Kejriwal takes U-turn on water promise, says BJP
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!