Suspended JD (U) MP denies train delaying charge
Patna: Suspended JD(U) Lok Sabha member
Manganilal Mandal Thursday denied the allegations that his bodyguards and supporters were involved in forcibly delaying the departure of Rajendra Nagar-New Delhi Rajdhani Express at Patna junction on Tuesday evening.
"Neither my bodyguards nor supporters ever tried to
delay departure of a train. The allegations are baseless and
concocted," Mandal said.
He claimed that his bodyguards were with him when he
was caught in a traffic jam because of Ramnavmi procession on
way to Patna juntion which led to missing the train.
Superintendent of Railway police S P Choudhary said,
"An FIR has been lodged under section 341, 506 of the IPC and
sections 46 and 174 of the railway act against the bodyguards
and unidentified persons following the complaints filed by
Patna junction manager yesterday."
Asked whether the role of JD(U) MP will also be
investigated in the case, Choudhary said, "Everything would be
the part of investigation."
Though the train was scheduled to leave for New Delhi
from Patna junction at 1925 hrs last evening, an unidentified
bodyguard of Mandal asked the guard not to allow the train to
depart as the MP was yet to board the train, government police
station additional in-charge L P Choudhary had said yesterday.
In the process the train got delayed by nine minutes,
Choudhary had said. He has also said yesterday that An FIR was
lodged against Mandal following complaint filed by Station
Manager Patna junction Ram Kumar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- CBSE Board 12th XII Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced today at 12 Noon
- Kejriwal lists AAP govt's achievements of 100 days, slams Centre's 'dictatorial attitude'
- Arvind Kejriwal's Aam Aadmi Party changes its logo