Swapping of seats by JD(U), BJP for assembly poll: Yadav
Saharsa: Some assembly seats would
be swapped between ruling NDA partners JD(U) and BJP in the
November assembly polls in Bihar, JD(U) national president
Sharad Yadav said on Sunday.
The formula for the swapping would be worked out through
discussions between the two parties for better electoral
result, he told newsmen at the conclusion of his three-day
visit to the state.
The swap had become necessary following change in the
demographic profile of some of the constituencies after
delimitation, he said adding the relation between the two
coalition partners in Bihar was strong.
On the ongoing political drama in Jharkhand, Yadav
regretted that there has been a festering political
instability in the mineral-rich state ever since its
bifurcation from Bihar a decade ago and sought to blame JMM
for the prevailing impasse.
"The JMM has simply not been consistent in its stand nor
has it displayed political clarity and maturity and has thrown
the state into state of paralysis," he said and accused
corporate houses for the prolonged instability in the state.
Yadav also sought to take away the gloss of the
celebrations of the UPA II government on completion of its one
year in the office and charged Prime Minister Man Mohan
Singh of being a `mute spectator` to corruption by
He sited the auction for 3G spectrum by the telecom
ministry and alleged that the concerned minister has allegedly
embezzled Rs one lakh crore during the auction process.
``This amount is more than the annual budget of
Bihar, he said adding the UPA was greedy for power and so it
had ignored vociferous demands from various quarters for an
investigation in the alleged spectrum scam, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor