Swaraj flays Sonia, Rahul for remarks on Central assistance
Patna: Senior BJP leader Sushma Swaraj
today alleged that the comments of Congress leaders Sonia and
Rahul Gandhi on use of Central funds by the NDA government in
Bihar had "put a question mark" on the federal structure.
"Both the Congress president and general secretary
continue to flaunt central assistance to Bihar ... it has put
a question mark on the existing federal structure," Swaraj
told reporters here.
"It is mandated under the federal structure of the
Constitution ... the states only generate revenue by
realisation of sales tax, while collections otherwise go to
the Centre for distribution among the states as central
assistance," she said.
Such comments will make the states not subscribe to
the move for goods service tax.
Development took place in Bihar because the Nitish
Kumar-led state government extended the benefits to the poor
without corruption, she said.
She said while the RJD had spent Rs 25000 crore for
development during 15 years of its rule, the NDA spent over Rs
70,000 crore in just five years to change the face of Bihar.
Swaraj hoped that the people will repose faith again
on the NDA to make Bihar a developed state by 2015.
The Gandhis, during election meetings in Bihar, had
claimed that the Centre had provided more funds for the
development of the state "but it failed to reach the deserving
sections of society because of corruption."
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India