Swaraj flays Sonia, Rahul for remarks on Central assistance
Patna: Senior BJP leader Sushma Swaraj
today alleged that the comments of Congress leaders Sonia and
Rahul Gandhi on use of Central funds by the NDA government in
Bihar had "put a question mark" on the federal structure.
"Both the Congress president and general secretary
continue to flaunt central assistance to Bihar ... it has put
a question mark on the existing federal structure," Swaraj
told reporters here.
"It is mandated under the federal structure of the
Constitution ... the states only generate revenue by
realisation of sales tax, while collections otherwise go to
the Centre for distribution among the states as central
assistance," she said.
Such comments will make the states not subscribe to
the move for goods service tax.
Development took place in Bihar because the Nitish
Kumar-led state government extended the benefits to the poor
without corruption, she said.
She said while the RJD had spent Rs 25000 crore for
development during 15 years of its rule, the NDA spent over Rs
70,000 crore in just five years to change the face of Bihar.
Swaraj hoped that the people will repose faith again
on the NDA to make Bihar a developed state by 2015.
The Gandhis, during election meetings in Bihar, had
claimed that the Centre had provided more funds for the
development of the state "but it failed to reach the deserving
sections of society because of corruption."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Rahul Gandhi received pay while on 56 day leave: Organizer
- Mega sale: Snapdeal, Flipkart, others gear up for festive season
- Dadri lynching: Azam Khan seeks UN intervention
- Zee Media Exclusive: Three Romanians arrested in skimming scam in Mumbai
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country will not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- 'Rahul Gandhi gets pay without work'
- Dadri Police recommends FIR against Mahesh Sharma, Sangeet Som, Naseemuddin Siddiqui