`Sweeping powers will make Lokpal a terror group`
Somnath: Ramvilas Paswan-led LJP on Staurday said sweeping and overarching powers to the Lokpal as demanded by Anna Hazare and his team will make the proposed institution a "terrorist organisation" and lead to chaos.
"If the so-called elite people, who are associated with the Jan Lokpal movement, properly analyse this proposed system, then they will realise that this organisation (the institution of Lokpal) would become a new terror outfit in the country," LJP secretary general Abdul Khaliq said here.
He was addressing the LJP`s three-day cadre training
session where he presented his party`s assessment of the draft
of the Jan Lokpal Bill prepared by Team Anna.
"The Lokpal proposed by Anna Hazare will lead to chaos
and complete collapse of the government. I visualise straight
war between the officials of Lokpal and government departments
as both would be running after each other," Khaliq said.
Comparing the existing anti-corruption mechanism in the
government with the one proposed by Team Anna, he said it
would be a herculean task to monitor everyone starting from
the lowest level of the government.
"Jan Lokpal has proposed a board of 11 members and one
anti corruption officer overseeing every 200 government
employees. There are 40 lakh government employees, while the
PSUs employ 26 lakh people. According to Anna`s bill, 30,000
officials will be hired to monitor 60 lakh people," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Discussion over if Pak is in fear of war after India's stringent initiative on Uri terror attack?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3