Take Nitish Kumar and get him married to your sister: Rabri Devi to BJP’s Sushil Modi
Patna: Former Bihar chief minister Rabri Devi on Tuesday stoked controversy when the Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) leader said that Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader Sushil Kumar Modi should take CM Nitish Kumar away.
When asked by media regarding Sushil Kumar Modi's invitation to the Bihar Chief Minister to join the BJP instead of RJD or Congress, the wife of RJD chief Lalu Prasad Yadav said: “Modiji le jaye Nitish ko uttha ke, le jaiye uttha ke, behen se apni shadi karayenge (le ja kar).”
She, however, later downplayed her statement, saying she was just joking.
Earlier, Sushil Kumar Modi had said, “Nitish Kumar should re-think about an alliance with RJD and Congress, if he continues to work with them, his political career will surely end.”
“He was with BJP for 17 years, where has his political career ended? In fact, his stature has only increased.”
Sushil Modi made the statement a day after CM Nitish Kumar said that efforts were on for a long time to end his political career.
Notably, the JD(U) leader has supported the Centre's demonetisation move despite protests by allies.
Nitish Kumar had led JD(U) to severe ties with BJP in June 2013 after 17 years over the elevation of Narendra Modi as PM candidate. He joined hands with RJD and Congress before the Bihar polls last year and romped back to power.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened