Tanker collides with bus carrying pilgrims in Bihar, 12 dead
Zee Media Bureau
Patna: Tragedy struck on Monday when a tanker collided with a bus carrying kanwariyas (devotees of Lord Shiva) in Bihar`s Aurangabad, killing 12 including five women and injuring several others.
The condition of five pilgrims is stated to be critical and have been sent to a hospital in Varanasi.
The incident took place at 3 am today on New Delhi-Kolkata NH-2 when a tanker collided with the bus carrying 40 pilgrims which was parked on the side of the road after returning from a temple in Deogarh, Jharkhand.
Due to the impact of the collision, the bus ran over several kanwariyas resting in front of the bus.
The kanwariyas are residents of Dehri sub-division in Rohtas district.
The police is looking for the missing driver who is absconding after the incident.
The administration has announced a compensation of Rs 2,50,000 for the victims.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days