Tanker collides with bus carrying pilgrims in Bihar, 12 dead
Zee Media Bureau
Patna: Tragedy struck on Monday when a tanker collided with a bus carrying kanwariyas (devotees of Lord Shiva) in Bihar`s Aurangabad, killing 12 including five women and injuring several others.
The condition of five pilgrims is stated to be critical and have been sent to a hospital in Varanasi.
The incident took place at 3 am today on New Delhi-Kolkata NH-2 when a tanker collided with the bus carrying 40 pilgrims which was parked on the side of the road after returning from a temple in Deogarh, Jharkhand.
Due to the impact of the collision, the bus ran over several kanwariyas resting in front of the bus.
The kanwariyas are residents of Dehri sub-division in Rohtas district.
The police is looking for the missing driver who is absconding after the incident.
The administration has announced a compensation of Rs 2,50,000 for the victims.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...