Tarakant Jha cremated in Bihar
Patna: The mortal remains of former Bihar Legislative Council Chairman and senior JD(U) leader Tarakant Jha was on Monday cremated with full state honour.
The funeral pyre of Jha was lit by his son Kaushal Kumar Jha on the bank of the Ganga river at Digha here.
Jha (87) died yesterday at a private hospital here after a brief illness.
The state government has announced closure of all offices except those involved in the conduct of elections today as mark of respect to the veteran lawyer-politician.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen