Tarakant Jha cremated in Bihar
Patna: The mortal remains of former Bihar Legislative Council Chairman and senior JD(U) leader Tarakant Jha was on Monday cremated with full state honour.
The funeral pyre of Jha was lit by his son Kaushal Kumar Jha on the bank of the Ganga river at Digha here.
Jha (87) died yesterday at a private hospital here after a brief illness.
The state government has announced closure of all offices except those involved in the conduct of elections today as mark of respect to the veteran lawyer-politician.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'