Tariq Anwar flays Modi`s `Pakistani agent` remark on Kerjiwal
Katihar: The NCP on Thursday flayed BJP prime ministerial hopeful Narendra Modi for making the "Pakistani agent" remark on AAP leader Arvind Kejriwal and said it reflects his desperation to grab power by all means.
"Modi has made slanderous remarks against Kerjiwal after being rattled by the AAP leader, who generated massive support in Varanasi in his favour, following his decision to contest against the BJP`s PM nominee from there," Union Minister of State for Agriculture and Food Processing Tariq Anwar told reporters in reply to a question.
The Gujarat Chief Minister appeared to be befuddled by his rival from Varanasi drawing huge support from the people of the temple city, prompting the former to make baseless remarks against the AAP leader, he said.
"The BJP PM hopeful is fearful of a looming defeat from Varanasi and that is why he is contesting from another seat - Vadodara in Gujarat," the NCP leader said.
Anwar, who is contesting from the Katihar Lok Sabha seat under the umbrella of a RJD-Congress-NCP alliance, exuded confidence about his victory from here and said the constituents would reward him for his consistent fight against communal forces.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!