Tariq Anwar flays Modi`s `Pakistani agent` remark on Kerjiwal
Katihar: The NCP on Thursday flayed BJP prime ministerial hopeful Narendra Modi for making the "Pakistani agent" remark on AAP leader Arvind Kejriwal and said it reflects his desperation to grab power by all means.
"Modi has made slanderous remarks against Kerjiwal after being rattled by the AAP leader, who generated massive support in Varanasi in his favour, following his decision to contest against the BJP`s PM nominee from there," Union Minister of State for Agriculture and Food Processing Tariq Anwar told reporters in reply to a question.
The Gujarat Chief Minister appeared to be befuddled by his rival from Varanasi drawing huge support from the people of the temple city, prompting the former to make baseless remarks against the AAP leader, he said.
"The BJP PM hopeful is fearful of a looming defeat from Varanasi and that is why he is contesting from another seat - Vadodara in Gujarat," the NCP leader said.
Anwar, who is contesting from the Katihar Lok Sabha seat under the umbrella of a RJD-Congress-NCP alliance, exuded confidence about his victory from here and said the constituents would reward him for his consistent fight against communal forces.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan