Taslimuddin revolts against Nitish
Araria/Kisanganj: Another dissident voice emerged on Monday against Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar from within the NDA with JD(U) leader and former union minister Mohammad Taslimuddin questioning development in the state.
"Nitish Kumar has only created facade of development and there is not much to show on the ground," Taslimuddin told reporters.
Refusing to recognise Kumar as `vikas purush`, a title given to him by his party workers, Taslimuddin said "He is no vikas purush, but only an engineer. He is fooling the people through his tall claims."
Questioning Kumar`s secular image, he said "There is no difference between Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi and Nitish Kumar. Muslims are wary of him because of his ties with BJP."
Taslimuddin, four times Lok Sabha member from Kisanganj but who lost the last general elections to Congress nominee Mohammad Asrarul Haque, alleged that the Nitish government was neglecting development of the Seemanchal region comprising Purnea, Araria and Kisanganj districts.
"I had left Lalu Prasad`s party for the same reason and will not accept it under the present government of Nitish Kumar," he said.
Asked if he was planning to return to the RJD, he said "I will take a decision at an appropriate time. I may also contest next Lok Sabha poll as an independent from Araria."
Attacking the BJP, he said "Deputy Chief Minister and senior BJP leader Sushil Kumar Modi has been approving the bad decisions of Nitish Kumar."
He also alleged that the bureaucracy was dominating under the Nitish regime.
Taslimuddin is the third leader to revolt against Nitish Kumar. Earlier, BJP MP from Purnea Uday Singh and JD(U) MLA Chhedi Paswan spoke against the state government.
The elderly leader, who had served as union minister of state for home in the H D Deve Gowda ministry and as MOS in Food ministry in UPA I, had switched to JD(U) from RJD in May 2010.
His son Sarfaraz Alam is at present JD(U) MLA from his traditional seat of Jokihat in Araria.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you