Taslimuddin revolts against Nitish
Araria/Kisanganj: Another dissident voice emerged on Monday against Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar from within the NDA with JD(U) leader and former union minister Mohammad Taslimuddin questioning development in the state.
"Nitish Kumar has only created facade of development and there is not much to show on the ground," Taslimuddin told reporters.
Refusing to recognise Kumar as `vikas purush`, a title given to him by his party workers, Taslimuddin said "He is no vikas purush, but only an engineer. He is fooling the people through his tall claims."
Questioning Kumar`s secular image, he said "There is no difference between Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi and Nitish Kumar. Muslims are wary of him because of his ties with BJP."
Taslimuddin, four times Lok Sabha member from Kisanganj but who lost the last general elections to Congress nominee Mohammad Asrarul Haque, alleged that the Nitish government was neglecting development of the Seemanchal region comprising Purnea, Araria and Kisanganj districts.
"I had left Lalu Prasad`s party for the same reason and will not accept it under the present government of Nitish Kumar," he said.
Asked if he was planning to return to the RJD, he said "I will take a decision at an appropriate time. I may also contest next Lok Sabha poll as an independent from Araria."
Attacking the BJP, he said "Deputy Chief Minister and senior BJP leader Sushil Kumar Modi has been approving the bad decisions of Nitish Kumar."
He also alleged that the bureaucracy was dominating under the Nitish regime.
Taslimuddin is the third leader to revolt against Nitish Kumar. Earlier, BJP MP from Purnea Uday Singh and JD(U) MLA Chhedi Paswan spoke against the state government.
The elderly leader, who had served as union minister of state for home in the H D Deve Gowda ministry and as MOS in Food ministry in UPA I, had switched to JD(U) from RJD in May 2010.
His son Sarfaraz Alam is at present JD(U) MLA from his traditional seat of Jokihat in Araria.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- Newborn with Zika virus found infected 2 months after birth
- Govinda ala re! Bollywood wishes Happy Janmashtami to all—See inside
- This is how CPI-M countered BJP’s Janmashtami procession in Kerala
- Six killed, 25 injured in bus-truck collusion in China
- Rajnath Singh assures alternative to pellet guns in Kashmir; Mufti says stone-pelting, attacking security camps won't bring peace