Teacher fatally run over by vehicle in Buxur
Buxar: A school teacher was on Monday fatally run over by a vehicle in Misarwalia village in Bihar`s Buxar district, police sources said.
The deceased, identified as Hareram Thakur, was taking a stroll on the roadside when a pickup van trapped him under its wheel, the sources said, adding that he died on the spot.
Thakur was a teacher at the government primary school in Misarwalia village, they said, adding the body has been sent for post-mortem.
Meanwhile, the local people protesting the teacher`s death in road accident had blocked Buxar-Sasaram road to bring traffic on the busy road to a grinding halt for several hours.
Senior officials rushed to the spot and pacified the agitators.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj