Teacher fatally run over by vehicle in Buxur
Buxar: A school teacher was on Monday fatally run over by a vehicle in Misarwalia village in Bihar`s Buxar district, police sources said.
The deceased, identified as Hareram Thakur, was taking a stroll on the roadside when a pickup van trapped him under its wheel, the sources said, adding that he died on the spot.
Thakur was a teacher at the government primary school in Misarwalia village, they said, adding the body has been sent for post-mortem.
Meanwhile, the local people protesting the teacher`s death in road accident had blocked Buxar-Sasaram road to bring traffic on the busy road to a grinding halt for several hours.
Senior officials rushed to the spot and pacified the agitators.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video