Teenager burnt alive in Bihar village
Patna: A teenager, who was the main witness in his mother`s rape case, was burnt alive in Nawada district Sunday, police said.
Chintu Kumar, 17, was set on fire by the rape accused in Garabigha village under Narhat police station, 150 km from here, a police officer, who did not want to be named, said.
Chintu`s mother was gangraped in 2006 by five men of her village, and he was being threatened to withdraw the case and not appear as a witness in the court, said the officer over the phone.
"Chintu was expected to appear in the court in connection with the case," the official said.
According to villagers, the accused forcibly entered Chintu`s house in the afternoon and set him on fire.
The accused are absconding, said the officer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III