Teenager burnt alive in Bihar village
Patna: A teenager, who was the main witness in his mother`s rape case, was burnt alive in Nawada district Sunday, police said.
Chintu Kumar, 17, was set on fire by the rape accused in Garabigha village under Narhat police station, 150 km from here, a police officer, who did not want to be named, said.
Chintu`s mother was gangraped in 2006 by five men of her village, and he was being threatened to withdraw the case and not appear as a witness in the court, said the officer over the phone.
"Chintu was expected to appear in the court in connection with the case," the official said.
According to villagers, the accused forcibly entered Chintu`s house in the afternoon and set him on fire.
The accused are absconding, said the officer.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?