Ten injured in police lathicharge
Patna: Around ten persons were injured
tonight when police resorted to lathicharge to chase away a
crowd, as they tried to break a barricade to watch a cultural
programme at Gandhi Maidan here, the police said.
Governor Devanand Konwar, Deputy Chief Minister SK Modi
and a host of politicians and senior state officials were
The trouble started when a popular Bollywood star was
performing during the programme organised by a local Hindi
Curious to have a close glimpse of the actress, several
people waiting outside the fence broke the barricade and tried
to enter the venue.
They later went on the rampage, burnt stalls and a
portion of tent when police tried to stop them.
People also started throwing brickbats and stones,
forcing the police to lathicharge to control the mob and about
ten persons were injured.
The police later picked up 15 persons and brought them
to Gandhi Maidan police station for interrogation.
The governor and other VIPs soon left the venue after
the situation was controlled by the securitymen.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed