Ten injured in police lathicharge
Patna: Around ten persons were injured
tonight when police resorted to lathicharge to chase away a
crowd, as they tried to break a barricade to watch a cultural
programme at Gandhi Maidan here, the police said.
Governor Devanand Konwar, Deputy Chief Minister SK Modi
and a host of politicians and senior state officials were
The trouble started when a popular Bollywood star was
performing during the programme organised by a local Hindi
Curious to have a close glimpse of the actress, several
people waiting outside the fence broke the barricade and tried
to enter the venue.
They later went on the rampage, burnt stalls and a
portion of tent when police tried to stop them.
People also started throwing brickbats and stones,
forcing the police to lathicharge to control the mob and about
ten persons were injured.
The police later picked up 15 persons and brought them
to Gandhi Maidan police station for interrogation.
The governor and other VIPs soon left the venue after
the situation was controlled by the securitymen.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Look who's dining together? Navya SPOTTED with Aryan Khan!
- Watch: Mars makes its closest approach to Earth in 11 years today!
- 27 flights diverted as bad weather triggers chaos in Delhi Airport
- CHSE Odisha 12th (+2) Arts and Commerce Result 2016 is expected to be declared today on 30th May - Check orissaresults.nic.in and chseodisha.nic.in
- Wow! Indian professionals 'most confident' globally, says a survey