Ten injured in police lathicharge
Patna: Around ten persons were injured
tonight when police resorted to lathicharge to chase away a
crowd, as they tried to break a barricade to watch a cultural
programme at Gandhi Maidan here, the police said.
Governor Devanand Konwar, Deputy Chief Minister SK Modi
and a host of politicians and senior state officials were
The trouble started when a popular Bollywood star was
performing during the programme organised by a local Hindi
Curious to have a close glimpse of the actress, several
people waiting outside the fence broke the barricade and tried
to enter the venue.
They later went on the rampage, burnt stalls and a
portion of tent when police tried to stop them.
People also started throwing brickbats and stones,
forcing the police to lathicharge to control the mob and about
ten persons were injured.
The police later picked up 15 persons and brought them
to Gandhi Maidan police station for interrogation.
The governor and other VIPs soon left the venue after
the situation was controlled by the securitymen.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row