Ten killed in lightning strike in Bihar
Patna: Lightning claimed ten lives and injured several others when a thunderstorm swept the north-eastern part of Bihar early on Saturday.
While four casualties were reported from Paschim Aurahi Hingna and Purvi Aurahi Hingna villages, one person each died at Pranpur and Kursakatan villages during the storm in Araria district, police said.
Two children below the age of nine were also among the dead in Araria.
A man and his daughter-in-law died at Kursel village in Katihar district as lightning struck their tin-roofed house.
Two deaths were also reported during the thunderstorm from Supaul district, police said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list