Ten killed in lightning strike in Bihar
Patna: Lightning claimed ten lives and injured several others when a thunderstorm swept the north-eastern part of Bihar early on Saturday.
While four casualties were reported from Paschim Aurahi Hingna and Purvi Aurahi Hingna villages, one person each died at Pranpur and Kursakatan villages during the storm in Araria district, police said.
Two children below the age of nine were also among the dead in Araria.
A man and his daughter-in-law died at Kursel village in Katihar district as lightning struck their tin-roofed house.
Two deaths were also reported during the thunderstorm from Supaul district, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh