Ten killed in lightning strike in Bihar
Patna: Lightning claimed ten lives and injured several others when a thunderstorm swept the north-eastern part of Bihar early on Saturday.
While four casualties were reported from Paschim Aurahi Hingna and Purvi Aurahi Hingna villages, one person each died at Pranpur and Kursakatan villages during the storm in Araria district, police said.
Two children below the age of nine were also among the dead in Araria.
A man and his daughter-in-law died at Kursel village in Katihar district as lightning struck their tin-roofed house.
Two deaths were also reported during the thunderstorm from Supaul district, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why