Ten killed in lightning strike in Bihar
Patna: Lightning claimed ten lives and injured several others when a thunderstorm swept the north-eastern part of Bihar early on Saturday.
While four casualties were reported from Paschim Aurahi Hingna and Purvi Aurahi Hingna villages, one person each died at Pranpur and Kursakatan villages during the storm in Araria district, police said.
Two children below the age of nine were also among the dead in Araria.
A man and his daughter-in-law died at Kursel village in Katihar district as lightning struck their tin-roofed house.
Two deaths were also reported during the thunderstorm from Supaul district, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok