Ten killed in lightning strike in Bihar
Patna: Lightning claimed ten lives and injured several others when a thunderstorm swept the north-eastern part of Bihar early on Saturday.
While four casualties were reported from Paschim Aurahi Hingna and Purvi Aurahi Hingna villages, one person each died at Pranpur and Kursakatan villages during the storm in Araria district, police said.
Two children below the age of nine were also among the dead in Araria.
A man and his daughter-in-law died at Kursel village in Katihar district as lightning struck their tin-roofed house.
Two deaths were also reported during the thunderstorm from Supaul district, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Sheena Bora murder: DNA sample to reveal the truth
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Sheena murder case: Villager helps locate spot where body was buried