Ten sentenced to life for murdering woman 12 yrs ago
Patna: A court in the Patna district Thursday sentenced ten persons to life imprisonment for shooting a woman dead over an enmity 12 years ago.
Additional District Judge-II Ramesh Chandra Singh found prime accused Ramesh Bind and nine others guilty for murdering one Akhilesh Singh`s wife on July 11, 2001.
The court also imposed a fine of Rs 25,000 on Bind and Rs 5,000 each on the other nine convicts Krishna Bind, Rajvallabh Bind, Nagendra Bind, Yadunandan Bind, Suresh Bind, Bindeshwar Bind, Nagendra Bind, Govind Bind and Mukesh Bind.
According to the prosecution, the convicts had stormed into Singh`s house in Barbigha village under Dhanarua police station area and abused the family members over an old enmity. Later, Bind shot Singh`s wife.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Sony Xperia X gets a price cut of whopping Rs 14,000