Ten sentenced to life for murdering woman 12 yrs ago
Patna: A court in the Patna district Thursday sentenced ten persons to life imprisonment for shooting a woman dead over an enmity 12 years ago.
Additional District Judge-II Ramesh Chandra Singh found prime accused Ramesh Bind and nine others guilty for murdering one Akhilesh Singh`s wife on July 11, 2001.
The court also imposed a fine of Rs 25,000 on Bind and Rs 5,000 each on the other nine convicts Krishna Bind, Rajvallabh Bind, Nagendra Bind, Yadunandan Bind, Suresh Bind, Bindeshwar Bind, Nagendra Bind, Govind Bind and Mukesh Bind.
According to the prosecution, the convicts had stormed into Singh`s house in Barbigha village under Dhanarua police station area and abused the family members over an old enmity. Later, Bind shot Singh`s wife.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- Music-sharing and larger emojis for WhatsApp for iOS soon?
- After Mumbai Indians, Krunal and Hardik Pandya to play for new team
- Procedural delay and not failure, says MEA on India's NSG membership issue
- Keith Urban celebrates 10th anniversary with Nicole Kidman
- An award must go to Fawad Khan for his hilarious expression while hugging Deepika Padukone!