Termination of membership of JD(U) rebels deferred
Patna: The decision on termination of the membership of four JD(U) dissident MLAs for anti-party activities was on Saturday deferred till July 12 with the Speaker of Bihar Assembly granting them additional time to submit replies to the notice.
Gyanendra Singh Gyanu told reporters that he and three other JD(U) MLAs - Ravindra Rai, Neeraj Singh Babloo and Rahul Kumar - separately met Speaker Udai Narayan Choudhary and sought time after end of the current Monsoon session to submit their replies to the show cause notice served on them.
But, the Speaker directed them to submit written replies on July 12, he said.
Along with the four, two more dissidents, Ajit Kumar and Raju Kumar Singh, who were served notice later for termination of membership have also been told to submit their replies on July 12.
Gyanu, an MLA from Barh in Patna district, said they had sought time after completion of the session on July 31 as they were busy in the session and not getting adequate time to prepare the replies after consulting legal experts.
Speaker Udai Narayan Choudhary told reporters that the MLAs were given opportunities to present their point of view to the show cause notice.
Gyanu, who emerged as the leader of the dissidents camp, alleged "mental torture" by denying them sufficient time to give reply.
"We are busy in the ongoing session and due to short duration of time provided to file replies, we were not be able to prepare proper replies. Besides, we have also not been able to devote time to go to our constituencies to solve people`s problems," he said.
Asked about future plan, Gyanu said that he and other JD(U) Legislators have no intention to quit the party and would be fighting for democracy within JD(U).
Ravindra Rai echoed similar views.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- President Pranab Mukherjee gives nod to re-promulgation of Land Acquisition Ordinance
- PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat' 8th edition: As it happened
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj