Termination of membership of JD(U) rebels deferred
Patna: The decision on termination of the membership of four JD(U) dissident MLAs for anti-party activities was on Saturday deferred till July 12 with the Speaker of Bihar Assembly granting them additional time to submit replies to the notice.
Gyanendra Singh Gyanu told reporters that he and three other JD(U) MLAs - Ravindra Rai, Neeraj Singh Babloo and Rahul Kumar - separately met Speaker Udai Narayan Choudhary and sought time after end of the current Monsoon session to submit their replies to the show cause notice served on them.
But, the Speaker directed them to submit written replies on July 12, he said.
Along with the four, two more dissidents, Ajit Kumar and Raju Kumar Singh, who were served notice later for termination of membership have also been told to submit their replies on July 12.
Gyanu, an MLA from Barh in Patna district, said they had sought time after completion of the session on July 31 as they were busy in the session and not getting adequate time to prepare the replies after consulting legal experts.
Speaker Udai Narayan Choudhary told reporters that the MLAs were given opportunities to present their point of view to the show cause notice.
Gyanu, who emerged as the leader of the dissidents camp, alleged "mental torture" by denying them sufficient time to give reply.
"We are busy in the ongoing session and due to short duration of time provided to file replies, we were not be able to prepare proper replies. Besides, we have also not been able to devote time to go to our constituencies to solve people`s problems," he said.
Asked about future plan, Gyanu said that he and other JD(U) Legislators have no intention to quit the party and would be fighting for democracy within JD(U).
Ravindra Rai echoed similar views.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi pitches for 'Selfie with daughter' initiative
- 'Mann ki Baat': World is keen to know more about India, says PM Modi
- Need another agricultural revolution: PM Modi
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- IPL Betting: Lalit Modi names three cricketers who were bribed
- PM Modi lays foundation stone of IARI at Barhi: As it happened
- BJP can give even Dawood Ibrahim a clean chit: Digvijay Singh
- India likely to rest MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli for Zimbabwe tour
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report