Terror threat to railway stns in Bihar`s district
Motihari: A group of seven-eight
terrorists has sneaked into Bihar from the Nepal border and
could cause damage to trains and railway stations in East
Champaran district, official sources said today.
RPF`s chief security commissioner (Samastipur) S N Arya
told PTI that, following the threat reports received from
intelligence departments of the state and central governments,
all railway stations along the Bihar-Nepal border have been
put on maximum alert.
According to reports, he said, a Pakistani terrorist was
arrested at Kathmandu in Nepal last week.
To seek his release, a group of seven to eight Afghani
terrorists sneaked into the district from across the Nepal
border, posing major threat to railway stations and trains
besides other vital installation along the border, Arya said.
Intelligence reports fear attacks at stations near the
border like Raxaul, Sugauli, Adapur, Sikta, Narkatiaganj,
Betiah and Motihari.
The RPF official said railway station officials have been
asked to allow the departure of trains from stations only
after receiving clearance certificates from government railway
police (GRP) and railway protection force (RPF) personnel who
would thoroughly search all trains.
Police stations and the Superintendent of Police of
districts along the border of Nepal would closely monitor the
threats from the terrorists and make extra security
arrangements for stations and trains in consultation with
railway authorities, official sources said.
Additional companies of RPF personnel have already been
sent from Sitamarhi and other districts to railway stations
under threat for intensifying search operations.
SSB personnel have been asked to have intensify vigil
along the borders, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA