Terrorist threat to railway stations in Bihar
Motihari (Bihar): Railway stations along the
Bihar-Nepal border have been put on alert after intelligence
reports that a group of terrorists have sneaked into the state
and could pose a threat to railway facilities in the area.
According to Intelligence agencies, the terrorists could
attack stations near the border like Raxaul, Sugauli, Adapur,
Sikta, Narkatiaganj, Betiah and Motihari.
RPF`s chief security commissioner (Samastipur) S N Arya
told PTI that following the threat reports received from the
intelligence departments of the state and central governments,
all railway stations along the Bihar-Nepal border have been
put on maximum alert.
According to reports, he said that a Pakistani terrorist
was arrested in Kathmandu in Nepal last week.
To seek his release, a group of seven to eight Afghani
terrorists sneaked into the district from across the Nepal
border, posing major threat to railway stations and trains
besides other vital installation along the border, Arya said.
The RPF official said railway station officials have been
asked to allow the departure of trains from stations only
after receiving clearance certificates from government railway
police (GRP) and railway protection force (RPF) personnel who
would thoroughly search all trains.
Police stations and the Superintendent of Police of
districts along the border of Nepal would closely monitor the
threats from the terrorists and make extra security
arrangements for stations and trains in consultation with
railway authorities, official sources said.
Additional companies of RPF personnel have already been
sent from Sitamarhi and other districts to railway stations
under threat for intensification of search operations.
SSB personnel have been asked to intensify vigil
along the borders, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!