Thai tv reporter killed near Dhanbad
Dhanbad: A reporter of TV news channel from Thailand was killed and three others including his associate were injured when their car met with an accident near Madaidih village, about 45 km from here on Thursday in Jharkhand, police sources said.
The car with the two Thai nationals, identified as Nimit Jitrainon and Teeti Srijan, was bound for Gaya from Kolkata when it hit a bridge railing near Madaidih at around 7:20 am, the sources said.
They were first taken to the Topchachi primary health centre from where they were referred to the Pataliputra Medical College Hospital here.
While Jitrainon, a resident of Bangkok was declared brought dead the other Thai national and two others Dharmendra Kumar and Hiralal Paswan were admitted to the Dhanbad hospital, the sources said.
Both the Thai nationals, who were mistaken as monks by officials, were later identified as reporters of Thailand`s private TV channel `PVX` TV who were going to Gaya to cover Budha Jayanti from May 4 to 6, Sub-divisional Officer of Dhanbad LN Mahto said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Ram Mandir in Ayodhya will be built soon, says Thawar Chand Gehlot
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?