Thailand, Laos PM offer prayers at Bodh Gaya
Gaya: Prime ministers of Thailand and Laos offered prayers at the Buddhist pilgrim town of Bodh Gaya on Thursday.
Yingluck Shinwatra, the first woman premier of Thailand arrived here with a 57-member delegation including six ministers from Delhi and offered prayers at the temple, official sources said.
They also went around different Buddhist temples in the complex.
Later, Shinwatra told reporters that this was her first visit to Bodh Gaya and she had a very good experience.
Laos Prime Minister Thongsing Thamma Vong too paid a visit to Bodh Gaya today and offered prayers.
He had come here with a 120-member delegation including two ministers.
Vong returned to the national capital later.
District magistrate Vandana Preysi and senior superintendent of police Vinay Kumar along with senior official of Bodh Gaya temple managment committee, N Dorje accompanied the visiting foreign dignitaries.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam