Thailand, Laos PM offer prayers at Bodh Gaya
Gaya: Prime ministers of Thailand and Laos offered prayers at the Buddhist pilgrim town of Bodh Gaya on Thursday.
Yingluck Shinwatra, the first woman premier of Thailand arrived here with a 57-member delegation including six ministers from Delhi and offered prayers at the temple, official sources said.
They also went around different Buddhist temples in the complex.
Later, Shinwatra told reporters that this was her first visit to Bodh Gaya and she had a very good experience.
Laos Prime Minister Thongsing Thamma Vong too paid a visit to Bodh Gaya today and offered prayers.
He had come here with a 120-member delegation including two ministers.
Vong returned to the national capital later.
District magistrate Vandana Preysi and senior superintendent of police Vinay Kumar along with senior official of Bodh Gaya temple managment committee, N Dorje accompanied the visiting foreign dignitaries.
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Why UPA cancelled AgustaWestland in 2014?
- Up close and personal – Get to know Sonam Kapoor better: Here's how
- Windows 10 gets new Facebook, Messenger apps
- Digvijay Singh's youngest daughter succumbs to cancer
- World Bank is looking ways to use Aadhar experience'
- This young maid wanted to do anything to 'please' her boss: Watch video to know what happened