Thailand, Laos PM offer prayers at Bodh Gaya
Gaya: Prime ministers of Thailand and Laos offered prayers at the Buddhist pilgrim town of Bodh Gaya on Thursday.
Yingluck Shinwatra, the first woman premier of Thailand arrived here with a 57-member delegation including six ministers from Delhi and offered prayers at the temple, official sources said.
They also went around different Buddhist temples in the complex.
Later, Shinwatra told reporters that this was her first visit to Bodh Gaya and she had a very good experience.
Laos Prime Minister Thongsing Thamma Vong too paid a visit to Bodh Gaya today and offered prayers.
He had come here with a 120-member delegation including two ministers.
Vong returned to the national capital later.
District magistrate Vandana Preysi and senior superintendent of police Vinay Kumar along with senior official of Bodh Gaya temple managment committee, N Dorje accompanied the visiting foreign dignitaries.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- SHOCKING! Islamic State-linked Saudi twin brothers attack own family, stab mother
- Sri Lanka's parliament votes in favour of right to information bill
- WATCH: What a dance! Sizzling performance by IIT-Delhi girls on Sunny Leone's Baby Doll - You'll go mad!
- SHAME! Labourer demands wages; employer beats him to death
- Non-BJP parties plan to boycott PM Narendra Modi's 'Smart Cities Mission' event - Know the reason