Thailand, Laos PM offer prayers at Bodh Gaya
Gaya: Prime ministers of Thailand and Laos offered prayers at the Buddhist pilgrim town of Bodh Gaya on Thursday.
Yingluck Shinwatra, the first woman premier of Thailand arrived here with a 57-member delegation including six ministers from Delhi and offered prayers at the temple, official sources said.
They also went around different Buddhist temples in the complex.
Later, Shinwatra told reporters that this was her first visit to Bodh Gaya and she had a very good experience.
Laos Prime Minister Thongsing Thamma Vong too paid a visit to Bodh Gaya today and offered prayers.
He had come here with a 120-member delegation including two ministers.
Vong returned to the national capital later.
District magistrate Vandana Preysi and senior superintendent of police Vinay Kumar along with senior official of Bodh Gaya temple managment committee, N Dorje accompanied the visiting foreign dignitaries.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das