Thailand, Laos PM offer prayers at Bodh Gaya
Gaya: Prime ministers of Thailand and Laos offered prayers at the Buddhist pilgrim town of Bodh Gaya on Thursday.
Yingluck Shinwatra, the first woman premier of Thailand arrived here with a 57-member delegation including six ministers from Delhi and offered prayers at the temple, official sources said.
They also went around different Buddhist temples in the complex.
Later, Shinwatra told reporters that this was her first visit to Bodh Gaya and she had a very good experience.
Laos Prime Minister Thongsing Thamma Vong too paid a visit to Bodh Gaya today and offered prayers.
He had come here with a 120-member delegation including two ministers.
Vong returned to the national capital later.
District magistrate Vandana Preysi and senior superintendent of police Vinay Kumar along with senior official of Bodh Gaya temple managment committee, N Dorje accompanied the visiting foreign dignitaries.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Watch: Hafiz Saeed warns India of more terror attacks
- DNA: Army declares all soldiers in Siachen avalanche dead
- DNA: Indian Navy set to conduct International Fleet Review 2016
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Ten Army soldiers missing in Siachen avalanche presumed dead; PM Modi 'salutes' martyrs
- VIDEO: Ambidextrous Sri Lankan Kamindu Mendis bowling with both hands
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic