Thakur, Parveen and Haribansh file nomination for RS polls
Patna: The JD(U) candidates Ramnath Thakur, Kahkasha Parveen and Haribansh today filed nomination papers for Rajya Sabha polls from Bihar.
Accompanied by Chief Minister Nitish Kumar and senior party leaders, the JD(U) candidates submitted their nomination papers to the Legislative Assembly`s Acting Secretary Phul Jha.
Today is the last day for filing nomination papers on five vacant Rajya Sabha seats from Bihar, the election for which will be held on February 7, if necessary.
With a candidate requiring 41 votes to sail through, all three JD(U) nominees are set to sail through in the Rajya Sabha polls as the ruling party has 118 MLAs, in addition to four Independents backing the state government from outside.
Springing a major surprise, the JD(U) had denied renomination to its three sitting Rajya Sabha MPs - N K Singh, Sabir Ali and Shivanand Tiwari and replaced them with Ramnath Thakur, who is the son of the former Chief Minister Karpuri Thakur, and Kahkasha Parveen and Haribansh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon