Thakur, Parveen and Haribansh file nomination for RS polls
Patna: The JD(U) candidates Ramnath Thakur, Kahkasha Parveen and Haribansh today filed nomination papers for Rajya Sabha polls from Bihar.
Accompanied by Chief Minister Nitish Kumar and senior party leaders, the JD(U) candidates submitted their nomination papers to the Legislative Assembly`s Acting Secretary Phul Jha.
Today is the last day for filing nomination papers on five vacant Rajya Sabha seats from Bihar, the election for which will be held on February 7, if necessary.
With a candidate requiring 41 votes to sail through, all three JD(U) nominees are set to sail through in the Rajya Sabha polls as the ruling party has 118 MLAs, in addition to four Independents backing the state government from outside.
Springing a major surprise, the JD(U) had denied renomination to its three sitting Rajya Sabha MPs - N K Singh, Sabir Ali and Shivanand Tiwari and replaced them with Ramnath Thakur, who is the son of the former Chief Minister Karpuri Thakur, and Kahkasha Parveen and Haribansh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?- Part II
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?- Part III
- India is 35th member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Meet Virat Kohli's new partner in crime!
- Not allowing debate in parliament bad for democracy: PM Modi
- Uber and Pandora partner to offer music to drivers
- AirAsia India launches promotional fares starting at Rs 786 for one-way domestic trips
- Edward Snowden loses lawsuit against Norway to prevent extradition