Thakur, Parveen and Haribansh file nomination for RS polls
Patna: The JD(U) candidates Ramnath Thakur, Kahkasha Parveen and Haribansh today filed nomination papers for Rajya Sabha polls from Bihar.
Accompanied by Chief Minister Nitish Kumar and senior party leaders, the JD(U) candidates submitted their nomination papers to the Legislative Assembly`s Acting Secretary Phul Jha.
Today is the last day for filing nomination papers on five vacant Rajya Sabha seats from Bihar, the election for which will be held on February 7, if necessary.
With a candidate requiring 41 votes to sail through, all three JD(U) nominees are set to sail through in the Rajya Sabha polls as the ruling party has 118 MLAs, in addition to four Independents backing the state government from outside.
Springing a major surprise, the JD(U) had denied renomination to its three sitting Rajya Sabha MPs - N K Singh, Sabir Ali and Shivanand Tiwari and replaced them with Ramnath Thakur, who is the son of the former Chief Minister Karpuri Thakur, and Kahkasha Parveen and Haribansh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj