Thakur, Parveen and Haribansh file nomination for RS polls
Patna: The JD(U) candidates Ramnath Thakur, Kahkasha Parveen and Haribansh today filed nomination papers for Rajya Sabha polls from Bihar.
Accompanied by Chief Minister Nitish Kumar and senior party leaders, the JD(U) candidates submitted their nomination papers to the Legislative Assembly`s Acting Secretary Phul Jha.
Today is the last day for filing nomination papers on five vacant Rajya Sabha seats from Bihar, the election for which will be held on February 7, if necessary.
With a candidate requiring 41 votes to sail through, all three JD(U) nominees are set to sail through in the Rajya Sabha polls as the ruling party has 118 MLAs, in addition to four Independents backing the state government from outside.
Springing a major surprise, the JD(U) had denied renomination to its three sitting Rajya Sabha MPs - N K Singh, Sabir Ali and Shivanand Tiwari and replaced them with Ramnath Thakur, who is the son of the former Chief Minister Karpuri Thakur, and Kahkasha Parveen and Haribansh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Triple treat for Shah Rukh Khan fans in 2017 – Details inside
- Know what Ranveer Singh has to say about Akshay Kumar
- A love story for Akshay Kumar in toilet? Details inside
- Wondering if Ranveer Singh is on board Deepika Padukone’s ‘Padmavati’? Details inside
- Saif Ali Khan finds Kareena Kapoor very sexy in 'Yeh Mera Dil' song