Thakur to speak to Modi on purported comments
Patna: After Bihar Deputy Chief Minister Sushil Kumar Modi purportedly said that Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi would not be invited to the `Hunkar rally` and subsequently denying it, state BJP president C P Thakur on Wednesday said that he would speak to his senior party colleague for his side of the story.
"I will definitely speak to Modi to hear his side of the story," Thakur told News agency.
The details about who would be invited for the rally at Patna on April 15 next year were yet to be worked out and the decision would be taken by the party`s core committee or the central leadership at an appropriate time, he said.
On reports whether he had been gagged by the party`s national leadership from expressing his views on contentious political issues that could further strain ties between the two alliance partners in Bihar, Thakur`s reply was `no`.
Thakur had earlier created a buzz by saying that his party would start preparation to contest all 40 Lok Sabha seats in Bihar taking into account all possibilities, including the eventuality of the JD(U) severing alliance at some stage.
Thakur had later said that his party might invite Modi to attend the `Hunkar rally`, despite common knowledge that Chief Minister Nitish Kumar had sought to undermine his Gujarat counterpart`s likely projection as the NDA`s prime ministerial candidate by pitching for a secular candidate.
The deputy chief minister has categorically denied that he had given an interview to a national English daily or said anything about the Gujarat Chief Minister.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Disruption of Parliament not acceptable, for God's sake, do your job: President Pranab Mukherjee to MPs