Thakur to speak to Modi on purported comments
Patna: After Bihar Deputy Chief Minister Sushil Kumar Modi purportedly said that Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi would not be invited to the `Hunkar rally` and subsequently denying it, state BJP president C P Thakur on Wednesday said that he would speak to his senior party colleague for his side of the story.
"I will definitely speak to Modi to hear his side of the story," Thakur told News agency.
The details about who would be invited for the rally at Patna on April 15 next year were yet to be worked out and the decision would be taken by the party`s core committee or the central leadership at an appropriate time, he said.
On reports whether he had been gagged by the party`s national leadership from expressing his views on contentious political issues that could further strain ties between the two alliance partners in Bihar, Thakur`s reply was `no`.
Thakur had earlier created a buzz by saying that his party would start preparation to contest all 40 Lok Sabha seats in Bihar taking into account all possibilities, including the eventuality of the JD(U) severing alliance at some stage.
Thakur had later said that his party might invite Modi to attend the `Hunkar rally`, despite common knowledge that Chief Minister Nitish Kumar had sought to undermine his Gujarat counterpart`s likely projection as the NDA`s prime ministerial candidate by pitching for a secular candidate.
The deputy chief minister has categorically denied that he had given an interview to a national English daily or said anything about the Gujarat Chief Minister.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Maharajganj
- Are educational institutions becoming a tool to showcase anti-national agendas?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- DNA: Post demonetisation, India records 7% GDP growth rate in Q3
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'
- No AC, mattress for Sasikala in prison, confirms DIG; may not be shifted to Chennai jail
- Gurmehar-ABVP ruckus: Virender Sehwag represents BCCI not India, says Umar Khalid