There is no BJP wave, says Nitish Kumar
Patna: The election results in Delhi, Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh and Rajasthan do not betray "any wave in favour of the BJP", Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar said Monday.
There is no reason for the Bharatiya Janata Party to celebrate even after it finished on top in all four states, he told the media here.
"The results do not reflect any wave in favour of the BJP," he said. "It is simple... The BJP has retained power in Madhya Pradesh and Chhattisgarh and come to power in Rajasthan."
He said these were the states "where the BJP and Congress win and defeat each other in assembly polls".
Nitish Kumar said the BJP was rejected in Delhi "by people in view of an alternative to it. So, where is anything for the BJP to celebrate over the election outcome?
"The results of Delhi indicate people voted for an alternative to the BJP and Congress. It is wrong to say there is a wave in favour of the BJP in the country. There is no BJP wave in the country."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note