There is no justification for Lokpal: Lalu
Patna: RJD supremo Lalu Prasad on Sunday said there has been no justification for Lokpal in the country and it would be better to evolve a new mechanism and alternative to Lokpal.
Talking to reporters here, Prasad said there was no need for a Lokpal in the country and we would be evolving and alternative system.
We alleged that draft submitted by Anna Hazare team and on Lokpal was not perfect at all as it would demolish the parliamentary democracy.
He said Congress had unnecessarily spoke about bringing amendment to the bill.
He said that there was already a law existing in the country to tackle corruption and those who would indulge in corrupt activities would have to face the music.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video