There is no justification for Lokpal: Lalu
Patna: RJD supremo Lalu Prasad on Sunday said there has been no justification for Lokpal in the country and it would be better to evolve a new mechanism and alternative to Lokpal.
Talking to reporters here, Prasad said there was no need for a Lokpal in the country and we would be evolving and alternative system.
We alleged that draft submitted by Anna Hazare team and on Lokpal was not perfect at all as it would demolish the parliamentary democracy.
He said Congress had unnecessarily spoke about bringing amendment to the bill.
He said that there was already a law existing in the country to tackle corruption and those who would indulge in corrupt activities would have to face the music.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand