There is no justification for Lokpal: Lalu
Patna: RJD supremo Lalu Prasad on Sunday said there has been no justification for Lokpal in the country and it would be better to evolve a new mechanism and alternative to Lokpal.
Talking to reporters here, Prasad said there was no need for a Lokpal in the country and we would be evolving and alternative system.
We alleged that draft submitted by Anna Hazare team and on Lokpal was not perfect at all as it would demolish the parliamentary democracy.
He said Congress had unnecessarily spoke about bringing amendment to the bill.
He said that there was already a law existing in the country to tackle corruption and those who would indulge in corrupt activities would have to face the music.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees
- Tata Sons removes Cyrus Mistry as Chairman; Ratan Tata interim boss for 4 months