There is no justification for Lokpal: Lalu
Patna: RJD supremo Lalu Prasad on Sunday said there has been no justification for Lokpal in the country and it would be better to evolve a new mechanism and alternative to Lokpal.
Talking to reporters here, Prasad said there was no need for a Lokpal in the country and we would be evolving and alternative system.
We alleged that draft submitted by Anna Hazare team and on Lokpal was not perfect at all as it would demolish the parliamentary democracy.
He said Congress had unnecessarily spoke about bringing amendment to the bill.
He said that there was already a law existing in the country to tackle corruption and those who would indulge in corrupt activities would have to face the music.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- DNA: Today in History | 25th August, 2016
- Ronaldo beats Bale, Griezmann to win second UEFA Best Player in Europe Award
- After tribal's walk with wife's body, Odisha launches hearse scheme
- PM Modi pips Amitabh Bachchan, becomes most followed Indian on Twitter
- Tips to treat minor burns at home!
- UEFA Champions League draw: Barca reunion for Guardiola, Madrid get Dortmund, Arsenal pair PSG