Third front non-starter because everyone wants to be PM: Lalu
Shirdi: RJD president Lalu Prasad Yadav on Thursday said the `Third Front` would not succeed because all the potential members of it harbour the ambition to become the Prime Minister.
Talking to reporters after visiting the famous Saibaba temple here, Yadav said that leaders such as Mamata Banerjee, Jayalalithaa, Nitish Kumar and Mulayam Singh Yadav were all aspiring to the top job.
Therefore, the grouping would soon break up, he stated.
Hitting out at Bihar Chief Minister, Yadav said that on one hand Nitish Kumar talked about development of Bihar under his government, and on the other hand he was pleading with the Centre for special package for the state.
When asked about Narendra Modi`s elevation in BJP as chief of its campaign committee, he said BJP was nothing but "RSS`s mask".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees