Third front non-starter because everyone wants to be PM: Lalu
Shirdi: RJD president Lalu Prasad Yadav on Thursday said the `Third Front` would not succeed because all the potential members of it harbour the ambition to become the Prime Minister.
Talking to reporters after visiting the famous Saibaba temple here, Yadav said that leaders such as Mamata Banerjee, Jayalalithaa, Nitish Kumar and Mulayam Singh Yadav were all aspiring to the top job.
Therefore, the grouping would soon break up, he stated.
Hitting out at Bihar Chief Minister, Yadav said that on one hand Nitish Kumar talked about development of Bihar under his government, and on the other hand he was pleading with the Centre for special package for the state.
When asked about Narendra Modi`s elevation in BJP as chief of its campaign committee, he said BJP was nothing but "RSS`s mask".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- Mehbooba flies to Delhi as one more killed in Kashmir violence; toll rises to 70
- Atlanta Healthcare introduces military grade anti-pollution masks
- FIFA seeks ban for Qatar, Asian FC officials for refusing to cooperate with inquiry
- RBI wants to liberalise while strengthening bond markets: Raghuram Rajan
- After Rio Olympics failure, Tintu Luka's uncle blames coach PT Usha for below-par training