Third front non-starter because everyone wants to be PM: Lalu
Shirdi: RJD president Lalu Prasad Yadav on Thursday said the `Third Front` would not succeed because all the potential members of it harbour the ambition to become the Prime Minister.
Talking to reporters after visiting the famous Saibaba temple here, Yadav said that leaders such as Mamata Banerjee, Jayalalithaa, Nitish Kumar and Mulayam Singh Yadav were all aspiring to the top job.
Therefore, the grouping would soon break up, he stated.
Hitting out at Bihar Chief Minister, Yadav said that on one hand Nitish Kumar talked about development of Bihar under his government, and on the other hand he was pleading with the Centre for special package for the state.
When asked about Narendra Modi`s elevation in BJP as chief of its campaign committee, he said BJP was nothing but "RSS`s mask".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Assembly elections: BJP likely to announce its first list of candidates for UP, Uttarakhand
- Delhi horror: Pedophile held for sexually assaulting 600 girls
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre