Third Front will emerge as First Front after polls: Nitish
Patna: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar Wednesday said the Third Front would emerge as `First Front` after the elections.
"His (Narendra Modi`s) barbs against the Third Front is actually because he thinks it will emerge as the First Front after the elections," Kumar, who is one of the prime movers for the Front, told reporters here.
Confident of the success of 11 non-Congress and non-BJP parties, Kumar said they would form government at the Centre on the basis of a common minimum programme.
On Modi`s jibe that more than 12 prime ministerial hopefuls were getting their attires stitched for taking oath as the PM, he said, "They believe in designer clothes. Not me."
Kumar, a senior leader of the JD(U), took potshots at BJP for playing "caste and community cards" for power.
He contested Modi`s allegation that milkmen were getting only Rs 18 per litre for their produce in Bihar while it was Rs 36 per litre in Gujarat, and said the COMFED, Bihar government`s dairy cooperative, was purchasing milk at Rs 30 per litre.
Kumar also made a scathing attack at the BJP for its collusion with MNS in Maharashtra, which had targeted people from Bihar and Uttar Pradesh.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Katra helicopter crash: 'Dead pilot' Sumita Vijayan says she is alive