Third Front will emerge as First Front after polls: Nitish
Patna: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar Wednesday said the Third Front would emerge as `First Front` after the elections.
"His (Narendra Modi`s) barbs against the Third Front is actually because he thinks it will emerge as the First Front after the elections," Kumar, who is one of the prime movers for the Front, told reporters here.
Confident of the success of 11 non-Congress and non-BJP parties, Kumar said they would form government at the Centre on the basis of a common minimum programme.
On Modi`s jibe that more than 12 prime ministerial hopefuls were getting their attires stitched for taking oath as the PM, he said, "They believe in designer clothes. Not me."
Kumar, a senior leader of the JD(U), took potshots at BJP for playing "caste and community cards" for power.
He contested Modi`s allegation that milkmen were getting only Rs 18 per litre for their produce in Bihar while it was Rs 36 per litre in Gujarat, and said the COMFED, Bihar government`s dairy cooperative, was purchasing milk at Rs 30 per litre.
Kumar also made a scathing attack at the BJP for its collusion with MNS in Maharashtra, which had targeted people from Bihar and Uttar Pradesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand