Thirty-six children taken ill after eating mid-day meal
Nawada: Thirty-six children were taken ill on Monday after eating mid-day meal at a primary school in Badlu Bigha village under Nardiganj police station in Nawada district, the police said.
The students complained of sickness soon after taking `khichdi` (a preparation of rice and pulse) served to them for lunch in the school.
Some students complained that they found a dead lizard in the food, the sources said.
The ailing students were taken to the local primary health centre, the sources said, adding all of them were declared out of danger.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen