Three contractors held for collusion with Maoists in Bihar
Aurangabad: Three contractors were arrested on Thursday on charges of collusion with the Maoists from Madanpura-Kasma road under Salaiya police station area in Bihar`s naxal-hit Aurangabad district, a police officer said.
Acting on a tip-off, the police intercepted a Bolero jeep and nabbed the three contractors of Power Grid Corporation, while they were on way to pay Rs 75,000 extortion money to the Maoists in lieu of being allowed to go ahead with construction works, Superintendent of Police (SP) Upendera Kumar Sharma said.
A group of armed Maoists tried to foil the contractors arrest by firing on the cops who retaliated and in the ensuring exchange of fire the ultras managed to escape, Sharma added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth