Three contractors held for collusion with Maoists in Bihar
Aurangabad: Three contractors were arrested on Thursday on charges of collusion with the Maoists from Madanpura-Kasma road under Salaiya police station area in Bihar`s naxal-hit Aurangabad district, a police officer said.
Acting on a tip-off, the police intercepted a Bolero jeep and nabbed the three contractors of Power Grid Corporation, while they were on way to pay Rs 75,000 extortion money to the Maoists in lieu of being allowed to go ahead with construction works, Superintendent of Police (SP) Upendera Kumar Sharma said.
A group of armed Maoists tried to foil the contractors arrest by firing on the cops who retaliated and in the ensuring exchange of fire the ultras managed to escape, Sharma added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?
- Govt blocks over 800 porn websites – complete list
- Govt reviews porn ban order, blocks only child pornography-related websites