Three contractors held for collusion with Maoists in Bihar
Aurangabad: Three contractors were arrested on Thursday on charges of collusion with the Maoists from Madanpura-Kasma road under Salaiya police station area in Bihar`s naxal-hit Aurangabad district, a police officer said.
Acting on a tip-off, the police intercepted a Bolero jeep and nabbed the three contractors of Power Grid Corporation, while they were on way to pay Rs 75,000 extortion money to the Maoists in lieu of being allowed to go ahead with construction works, Superintendent of Police (SP) Upendera Kumar Sharma said.
A group of armed Maoists tried to foil the contractors arrest by firing on the cops who retaliated and in the ensuring exchange of fire the ultras managed to escape, Sharma added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader