Three convicted to 15 years RI under NDPS Act in Bihar
Patna: A court in Bihar here on Monday convicted three persons, including siblings, to 15 years of rigorous imprisonment in a 17-year-old case under the Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances Act for smuggling contraband.
The court has also imposed hefty penalty of Rs 3.2 lakh on two of them and Rs 1.5 lakh on another.
The Additional District and Sessions Judge - VII Danpal Singh passed the order convicting two siblings Anjani Kumar Singh and Mundrika Singh and another accused Nagendra Kumar to 15 years of rigorous imprisonment (RI) and imposed Rs 3.20 lakh fine on the brothers and Rs 1.5 lakh on the other person after finding them guilty under the NDPS Act for contraband smuggling.
According to prosecution, the Excise sleuths of the Narcotics Cell had recovered 80 kg charas, valued at Rs 21 lakh, from the car of Anjani Singh on February 27, 1996 and later arrested his brother and another accused and charged all three with smuggling of contraband materials.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?