Three convicted to lifer in caste massacre case
Biharsharif: A court in Bihar`s Nalanda district on Saturday convicted three persons to life imprisonment in a six-year-old case where four members of a Dalit family were killed.
The Additional District and Sessions Court-V judge Dhruv Narayan Yadav passed the order sentencing three persons, identified as Hareram Paswan, Mahesh Paswan and Rajaram Paswan, to lifer after finding them guilty in the massacre.
According to prosecution, five persons had killed four members of a family, identified as Ramchandra Jamadar and his wife Punarva Devi and Anandi Jamadar and his wife Babita Devi following a caste conflict between them.
The court had sentenced an accused person to lifer two years ago and acquitted another accused later for lack of evidence against him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city