Three detained for threatening to blow up Bodh Gaya temples
Patna: At least three people, including a girl, have been detained here for threatening to blow up the Bodh Gaya and Vishnupad temples in Gaya district, police said on Saturday.
Police detained Sunny, Rakesh and a 19-year-old girl from Ranipur-Rasulpur locality in Patna late Friday, Senior Superintendent of Police Manu Maharaj said.
"Three of them were detained for interrogation after police traced the mobile number used to sent the threatening SMS to the Gaya district officials to blow up both the temples," he said.
But the police officers were surprised when the girl revealed an interesting story behind the SMS. She said she was using a mobile phone which was gifted to her by a boy. This angered her uncle, who used her mobile number to sent a threatening SMS to Gaya District Magistrate Balamurgan D to teach the boy a lesson.
"Sunny and Rakesh denied that they had sent the threatening SMS to the official in Gaya," a police officer said.
Security at both the temples has been tightened.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city