Three detained for threatening to blow up Bodh Gaya temples
Patna: At least three people, including a girl, have been detained here for threatening to blow up the Bodh Gaya and Vishnupad temples in Gaya district, police said on Saturday.
Police detained Sunny, Rakesh and a 19-year-old girl from Ranipur-Rasulpur locality in Patna late Friday, Senior Superintendent of Police Manu Maharaj said.
"Three of them were detained for interrogation after police traced the mobile number used to sent the threatening SMS to the Gaya district officials to blow up both the temples," he said.
But the police officers were surprised when the girl revealed an interesting story behind the SMS. She said she was using a mobile phone which was gifted to her by a boy. This angered her uncle, who used her mobile number to sent a threatening SMS to Gaya District Magistrate Balamurgan D to teach the boy a lesson.
"Sunny and Rakesh denied that they had sent the threatening SMS to the official in Gaya," a police officer said.
Security at both the temples has been tightened.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah