Three devotees killed, 14 injured in road accidents
Jamui: Three Kanwariyas (Shiva devotees) were
killed and 14 others injured in separate road accidents in
Bihar`s Jamui district today, police said here.
Sati Devi and Maharsit Kumar were killed and seven other
Kanwariyas, returning from Deoghar in Jharkhand after offering
prayers at the Lord Shiva temple, were injured when a jeep, in
which they were travelling, smashed into a roadside tree at
Gangra More in the district, they said.
In another accident, one Rajesh Kumar was killed and
seven other Kanwariyas were injured near Chakai Pterol pump in
the district this afternoon after their jeep plunged into a
roadside ditch, police said.
All the injured were admitted to nearby hospitals where
the condition of five is stated to be critical.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble