Three drowned, 6 missing as boat capsizes
Begusarai: Three persons drowned on Thursday when a boat carrying over 24 people capsized in the river Ganga near Madhurapur riverine area in Bihar`s Begusarai district, police said.
The boat capsized in the swollen river, Sub-divisional Officer (SDO) Prabhat Bhushan said.
While three persons drowned in the river, six others went missing, he said, adding several others swam to safety.
The three bodies were fished out by local divers while a hnt is on to trace others.
The occupants of the boat were going to the other side of the riverine area to collect fodder for their cattle.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!