Three drowned, 6 missing as boat capsizes
Begusarai: Three persons drowned on Thursday when a boat carrying over 24 people capsized in the river Ganga near Madhurapur riverine area in Bihar`s Begusarai district, police said.
The boat capsized in the swollen river, Sub-divisional Officer (SDO) Prabhat Bhushan said.
While three persons drowned in the river, six others went missing, he said, adding several others swam to safety.
The three bodies were fished out by local divers while a hnt is on to trace others.
The occupants of the boat were going to the other side of the riverine area to collect fodder for their cattle.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- Quota row: Hardik Patel threatens Gujarat’s govt again
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- After Naved, another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir