Three drowned, 6 missing as boat capsizes
Begusarai: Three persons drowned on Thursday when a boat carrying over 24 people capsized in the river Ganga near Madhurapur riverine area in Bihar`s Begusarai district, police said.
The boat capsized in the swollen river, Sub-divisional Officer (SDO) Prabhat Bhushan said.
While three persons drowned in the river, six others went missing, he said, adding several others swam to safety.
The three bodies were fished out by local divers while a hnt is on to trace others.
The occupants of the boat were going to the other side of the riverine area to collect fodder for their cattle.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16