Three drowned, 8 missing as boat capsizes in Ganga
Begusarai: Three children drowned and eight others went missing as a boat capsized on in river Ganga in Bihar`s Begusarai district, police sources said.
The country boat, with 22 people on board, toppled in the river drowning three unidentified children, while eight others went missing, the sources said.
The rest, including two boatmen, swam to safety.
The three bodies have been fished as efforts were on to recover the remaining bodies.
District Magistrate Manoj Kumar and Superintendent of Police (SP) Harpreet Kaur were camping at the site to supervise the relief and rescue works.
Disaster Management Minister Renu Kushwaha, who was passing through the area after the tragedy, had to face the brunt of the anger of local people who protested against non-arrival of the disaster team to assist relief works.
Kushwaha assured the protesters that a NDRF team will be pressed into service.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16