Three drowned, 8 missing as boat capsizes in Ganga
Begusarai: Three children drowned and eight others went missing as a boat capsized on in river Ganga in Bihar`s Begusarai district, police sources said.
The country boat, with 22 people on board, toppled in the river drowning three unidentified children, while eight others went missing, the sources said.
The rest, including two boatmen, swam to safety.
The three bodies have been fished as efforts were on to recover the remaining bodies.
District Magistrate Manoj Kumar and Superintendent of Police (SP) Harpreet Kaur were camping at the site to supervise the relief and rescue works.
Disaster Management Minister Renu Kushwaha, who was passing through the area after the tragedy, had to face the brunt of the anger of local people who protested against non-arrival of the disaster team to assist relief works.
Kushwaha assured the protesters that a NDRF team will be pressed into service.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Truck set on fire by angry villagers after they saw blood spilling out of it, found 30 cows dead
- Want to book DDA community halls? Now, you can do it in 15 minutes - Know how
- Five dead, 20 injured as truck collides with tanker in UP's Lucknow - Know what happened
- BJP MP Maheish Girri to file defamation case against Arvind Kejriwal?
- Euro 2016: Cristiano Ronaldo sends Portugal to pre-quarters - All details here