Three get life term for raping Japanese woman
Gaya: Three persons were on Monday sentenced to life imprisonment by a court here for raping a 25-year-old Japanese tourist, in a trial that lasted less than a month.
Handing down the sentence, District and Sessions Judge JK Sen observed that the crime was of a very serious nature.
"Their acts have immensely harmed the reputation of Bihar and
the nation as a whole."
The tourist was raped on April 16.
Sentencing Pappu Kumar, Uday Kumar and Anuj Kumar, he
also fined the convicts Rs 10,000 each.
Two other accused Lutan Yadav and Rajan Yadav are
evading arrest. Their properties have been attached.
Police had filed the chargesheet on April 21.
The five had forced the woman out of an auto-rickshaw
in which she was travelling from Bodh Gaya to the Gaya Railway
station and raped her.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Why is religion being made the basis of election campaigns in UP?
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Sony Xperia X gets a price cut of whopping Rs 14,000