Three get life term for raping Japanese woman
Gaya: Three persons were on Monday sentenced to life imprisonment by a court here for raping a 25-year-old Japanese tourist, in a trial that lasted less than a month.
Handing down the sentence, District and Sessions Judge JK Sen observed that the crime was of a very serious nature.
"Their acts have immensely harmed the reputation of Bihar and
the nation as a whole."
The tourist was raped on April 16.
Sentencing Pappu Kumar, Uday Kumar and Anuj Kumar, he
also fined the convicts Rs 10,000 each.
Two other accused Lutan Yadav and Rajan Yadav are
evading arrest. Their properties have been attached.
Police had filed the chargesheet on April 21.
The five had forced the woman out of an auto-rickshaw
in which she was travelling from Bodh Gaya to the Gaya Railway
station and raped her.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'