Three get life term for raping Japanese woman
Gaya: Three persons were on Monday sentenced to life imprisonment by a court here for raping a 25-year-old Japanese tourist, in a trial that lasted less than a month.
Handing down the sentence, District and Sessions Judge JK Sen observed that the crime was of a very serious nature.
"Their acts have immensely harmed the reputation of Bihar and
the nation as a whole."
The tourist was raped on April 16.
Sentencing Pappu Kumar, Uday Kumar and Anuj Kumar, he
also fined the convicts Rs 10,000 each.
Two other accused Lutan Yadav and Rajan Yadav are
evading arrest. Their properties have been attached.
Police had filed the chargesheet on April 21.
The five had forced the woman out of an auto-rickshaw
in which she was travelling from Bodh Gaya to the Gaya Railway
station and raped her.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Letter to Arvind Kejriwal - `Don't embarrass India again, buy yourself a pair of shoes`
- When a professor sexually abused a girl in classroom; watch other students' reaction
- Indian woman rescued from German refugee camp returns home, thanks government
- Signs that prove Lord Hanuman is still alive
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi