Three girls buried alive in Bihar
Samastipur: Three teenaged girls were killed and two others injured today as earth caved in on them in a village in Bihar`s Samastipur district.
The incident took place in Mohammadpur village as mound of earth caved in on five girls while they were digging soil for some function at their homes, Superintendent of Police Chandrika Prasad said.
While three girls, identified as Vibha Kumari (15), Shibu Kumari (13) and Manisha Kumari (10) were buried alive, two others sustained injuries, he said.
The bodies have been sent for post-mortem and the injured girls admitted to a hospital for treatment, Prasad said.
The district administration has provided an assistance of Rs. 1500 each to the family of all three victims for cremation under the state government`s Kabir Atyesthi scheme, the SP said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery