Three girls buried alive in Bihar
Samastipur: Three teenaged girls were killed and two others injured today as earth caved in on them in a village in Bihar`s Samastipur district.
The incident took place in Mohammadpur village as mound of earth caved in on five girls while they were digging soil for some function at their homes, Superintendent of Police Chandrika Prasad said.
While three girls, identified as Vibha Kumari (15), Shibu Kumari (13) and Manisha Kumari (10) were buried alive, two others sustained injuries, he said.
The bodies have been sent for post-mortem and the injured girls admitted to a hospital for treatment, Prasad said.
The district administration has provided an assistance of Rs. 1500 each to the family of all three victims for cremation under the state government`s Kabir Atyesthi scheme, the SP said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Deep-water search for EgyptAir black boxes to start soon
- Britain plans to send warship to fight smuggling of people, arms off Libya: Cameron
- Britain probes whether some Sharia courts legitimise forced marriage, divorces unfair to women
- PM Modi to flag-off Mizoram’s first broad-gauge passenger train from Bairabi to Silchar today
- Bodos, ex-militants hail Modi govt for giving ST status to Bodo-Kacharis in Assam's hill districts