Three impersonating CBI officers arrested
Bhagalpur: Three persons, posing as CBI
officers, were on Wednesday arrested while allegedly trying to extort
money from Block Development Officer, Pirpainti, Chandrasekhar
Jha, in Bihar`s Bhagalpur district, Deputy Superintendent of
police Kumar Ankle said.
Those arrested were identified as Pankaj Kumar, Mukesh
Kumar and Surendra Mandal, Ankle said adding they had gone to
the BDO`s chamber impersonating CBI officials and wanted to
extort money from him.
A country-made pistol, a live cartidge and two cellular
phones were seized from them, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer