Three jawans arrested for misbehaving with women
Katihar: Three Army jawans were on Saturday arrested for allegedly "misbehaving" with women passengers in Capital Express, Railway police said.
On the complaint of some women passengers, GRP Katihar arrested the three Army jawans of 21 Bihar Regiment posted in West Bengal, Station House Officer Jogendra Ravidas said.
According to an FIR, the three jawans had boarded the train at its origin station at New Jalpaiguri and were allegedly "misbehaving" with women passengers.
Some of these women passengers, who had to alight at Katihar, informed their kin over telephone about the incident. After which they arrived at the station and when the train reached there they caught the three jawans with the help of GRP, the SHO said.
While two of the jawans were going to Hajipur, one was on way to Biharsharif to their homes in holi festival, the SHO said.
The jawans have been identified as Pawan Kumar, Nitish Kumar and Amit Kumar, Ravidas added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics?
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part II
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part III
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part IV
- Why is Mehbooba Mufti attacking Hindu beliefs for votes?
- Afghan Taliban sources confirm death of leader in US attack
- Why are Antarctica ice-levels increasing? NASA has the answer!
- Buyout group to back rival's bid for Tata's UK steel assets - Sources
- French Open 2016: Angry Nick Kyrgios, Petra Kvitova pass chilly Roland Garros tests
- Working towards a technology which enables consumer to control electrical appliances at home sitting in office: TPDDL CEO Praveer Sinha