Three jawans arrested for misbehaving with women
Katihar: Three Army jawans were on Saturday arrested for allegedly "misbehaving" with women passengers in Capital Express, Railway police said.
On the complaint of some women passengers, GRP Katihar arrested the three Army jawans of 21 Bihar Regiment posted in West Bengal, Station House Officer Jogendra Ravidas said.
According to an FIR, the three jawans had boarded the train at its origin station at New Jalpaiguri and were allegedly "misbehaving" with women passengers.
Some of these women passengers, who had to alight at Katihar, informed their kin over telephone about the incident. After which they arrived at the station and when the train reached there they caught the three jawans with the help of GRP, the SHO said.
While two of the jawans were going to Hajipur, one was on way to Biharsharif to their homes in holi festival, the SHO said.
The jawans have been identified as Pawan Kumar, Nitish Kumar and Amit Kumar, Ravidas added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway