Three Maoists arrested, six weapons seized
Vaishali/Jamui: Three Maoists, involved in the blowing up of railway track and other criminal activities, were arrested in Vaishali and Jamui districts of Bihar on Sunday, police said.
Acting on a tip off, the police raided Dharhara village in Vaishali district and arrested two Maoists, identified as Lakhendra Paswan and Harendra Paswan.
Four rifles, two pistols and 15 ammunition were recovered from their possession, Superintendent of Police Suresh Prasad Chaudhary said.
The duo were involved in blowing up of a railway track near Ghoshar halt under Hajipur-Muzaffarpur section of the ECR, besides other incidents of naxal violence in the district, he said.
In a related development, a hardcore Maoist identified as Sanjay Helbram was arrested from a hideout in Jamui district, the police said.
Hembram, a native of Gobardaha village, was wanted in several incidents of naxal violence in the district, the police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- Baby girl still in hospital after 76 days, mother denies relationship with baby
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- When Indrani Mukerjea broke down on meeting her daughter Vidhie