Three Maoists held in Bihar
Dehri-on-Sone: Three Maoists
were on Sunday arrested from Bihar`s Rohtas, Sheohar and Munger
districts, police said.
CPI(Maoist) self-styled area commander, identified as
Arvind Ram alias Kaushalji was arrested by police from
Chutia village in Rohtas district, Superintendent of Police
(SP) Manu Maharaj said.
Ram, a native of Navadih village, was said to be the
CPI(Maoist) area commander of Tilouthu-Nauhatta region of the
naxal-infested district, Maharaj said, adding the former was
wanted in over a dozen criminal cases in the district.
Another CPI(Maoist) self-styled area commander Sunil Raut
was nabbed from Bashi Jagdishpur village in Sheohar district,
Superintendent of Police (SP) Nitash Gudia said, adding a
country-made pistol and two live ammunition were seized from
Raut was wanted in connection with several cases of
Maoist violence in Sheohar, East Champaran and Sitamarhi
district, he the SP said.
Another Maoist Anil Manjhi was arrested from Bhangalwa
village in Munger district, Deputy Superintendent of Police
(DSP), Jamalpur, Ranjan Kumar said.
Manjhi was wanted in connection with several cases of
Maoist violence including, the DSP said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000km strategic road
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000 km strategic road - Part II
- Congress' '27 saal, UP behaal' yatra reaches Amethi
- Centre trying to run Delhi indirectly, says Sisodia
- Rio Olympics fallout: OP Jaisha alleges official apathy, AFI refutes charge
- Wriddhiman Saha, Ravichandran Ashwin biggest positives in this series: Virat Kohli
- Can't yet verify if wedding bomber was child or linked to Islamic State: Turkish PM