Three Maoists held in Bihar
Dehri-on-Sone: Three Maoists
were on Sunday arrested from Bihar`s Rohtas, Sheohar and Munger
districts, police said.
CPI(Maoist) self-styled area commander, identified as
Arvind Ram alias Kaushalji was arrested by police from
Chutia village in Rohtas district, Superintendent of Police
(SP) Manu Maharaj said.
Ram, a native of Navadih village, was said to be the
CPI(Maoist) area commander of Tilouthu-Nauhatta region of the
naxal-infested district, Maharaj said, adding the former was
wanted in over a dozen criminal cases in the district.
Another CPI(Maoist) self-styled area commander Sunil Raut
was nabbed from Bashi Jagdishpur village in Sheohar district,
Superintendent of Police (SP) Nitash Gudia said, adding a
country-made pistol and two live ammunition were seized from
Raut was wanted in connection with several cases of
Maoist violence in Sheohar, East Champaran and Sitamarhi
district, he the SP said.
Another Maoist Anil Manjhi was arrested from Bhangalwa
village in Munger district, Deputy Superintendent of Police
(DSP), Jamalpur, Ranjan Kumar said.
Manjhi was wanted in connection with several cases of
Maoist violence including, the DSP said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu launches India's first green rail corridor in Tamil Nadu
- UP: 8 children killed as train hits school mini-bus in Bhadohi
- If Narsingh Yadav is found guilty, Sushil Kumar cannot replace him for Rio Olympics – Here's why!
- Rohit Bal's fusion of bling and royalty draws curtain on India Couture Week
- Watch 'Kala Chashma' teaser: Check out Katrina Kaif-Sidharth Malhotra's desi swag
- Navjot Singh Sidhu says he quit Rajya Sabha because he was told to stay away from Punjab
- Missing IAF AN32: Co-pilot Pankaj Nandel's family hopeful of his return